Top 7 Workplace factors that impact Employee Health
Every company acts like an organism, and the employees are integral organs that the company cannot do without. Without the employees, the companies would not be functional. It is the employees who put in their hard work and dedication to achieve the objectives of the company. The employees contribute immensely to the success or the failure of the organization. The way the employees work in the company greatly influences its profits or losses. For the company to function properly, the physical and mental health of the employees must be taken care of. The company must make sure that the employees’ health is in good shape to ensure that they are fully functional and valuable to the company.
In today’s rat-race for success, the employees have to work relentlessly for their companies or organizations to reach the zenith of success. In doing so, often, the employees forget to take care of their physical and mental health. Every little detail about the company or the organization can impact the employees’ health in a great way. The companies have to take care of the smallest of details to make sure that the employees have better physical and mental health.
Here are seven factors that impact the physical and mental health of the employees:
- Micromanaging: When the authorities of the company tend to micromanage the work of the employees, the employees feel they are not trusted by the company to do their jobs. This leads to a lowering of self-confidence and increased irritability. Micromanaging makes the employees feel as if their work is not good enough or that the company does not rely on them. It makes employees feel less important. This can lead to depression, lack of interest in work, increased irritability, high blood pressure, increased chances of cardiovascular diseases, and the like.
- Proper Work hours: Employees’ functionality and their ability to contribute to the success of the company immensely depends on the amount of physical and mental rest they get. The key is to strike a proper balance between working and relaxing. Forcing employees to work overtime without paying heed to their recreational requirements often leads to exhaustion, high blood pressure, dehydration, loss of appetite, insomnia, migraine, cardiovascular diseases, etc. in the employees.
- Care: When the employees are made to feel that the company or organization recognizes their contribution and cares for them, it automatically boosts the morale of the employees. The employees are happy and feel important. This increases their functionality and aids in their good health at the same time. It prevents depression, phobia of losing their jobs, physical and mental exhaustion, and the like.
- Work-Family Balance: Often, the employees find it difficult to balance between family and workplace commitments. A working environment that supports the employees’ reasonable family commitments and strives to achieve a proper work-family balance greatly impacts the employees’ psychological and physical health.
- Economic Security: When the employees are provided with economic stability, they feel safer in their work environment. The fear of losing their jobs or the insecurity that they can be disqualified at any moment creates a phobia in the minds of the employees. Such phobia can lead to stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, cardiovascular diseases, and the like.
- Atmosphere: It is scientifically proven that a workplace that has proper lighting or access to natural light and air is bound to increase the productivity of the employees. This is because fresh air and sunlight make sure that the employees can work in a healthy atmosphere. Comfortable seating arrangements coupled with a healthy atmosphere, prevent vision problems, arthritis, depression, lack of interest, and the like.
- Physical Activity: The practice of encouraging more physical activity for the employees who are subjected to long desk-jobs often proves to highly beneficial in improving the employees’ health. It prevents obesity, arthritis, eating disorders, cardiovascular diseases, digestive diseases, and the like.
Taking care of the abovementioned factors makes sure that the employees of the company are happy and healthy. Therefore, such employees can help take the company as well as their career to the zenith of glory and success.